SDForum Virtual World SIG: “Women at Work in Virtual Worlds”
A joint program of SDForum Virtual World SIG and the SDForum Tech Women’s Program featuring a panel of women who build, create, and work in virtual worlds.
Panelists will discuss their work in virtual worlds, commenting on how their perspective may differ from that of their male colleagues. We are excited about the range of work these women represent including:
* K. Estelle Dodson, NASA CoLab, on virtual worlds in science collaboration and education. Her work at NASA Ames Research Center in virtual research institutions includes telepresence, hyperwalls and meetings in Second Life and Qwaq. http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/nai/
* Orna Michael, Arts Devt. Director at Sims Studio at Electronic Arts, will discuss art and game development for the “Sims”, which is a simulation game of family, personal, career and personal development.
* Mary Duda, CEO/President of VirtuePlay Inc. which is releasing a game called “The Lunar Racing Championship ” (LRC) in late Spring 2009. http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=24891
* Martha Russell, Associate Director of Media X at Stanford University, will discuss herexperiences with remote collaboration in Qwaq Forums.
* Jeska Dzwigalski (aka: Jeska Linden), manager of Customer Market Development, Linden Lab (creators of Second Life) . Jeska has been a (virtual) Jill of all Trades at Linden Lab, working on everything from the new user experience to community management.
* Susan Tenby, Online Community Manager and Virtual Worlds Evangelist and Organizer, TechSoup Global.
Pillsbury Winthrop Office Silicon Valley
2475 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94304-1114
Virtual location and streaming media to be posted at http://www.digitalmediasig.com day of the event.
6:30 PM Registration and Networking
7:00 PM -8:40 PM Presentations
$15 at the door for non-SDForum members
No charge for SDForum members
No registration required
* SDForum Event page:
Press for this event: